Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guys!! Testimonial's here!!

"Yeah! "

Hello everyone! It has been such a while since the last post here. Now allow me to present a testimonial...this guy looks so familiar in UCSI right?! Ladies and gentlemen please welcome..........Jason Lee (currently studying accounting & finance year 2)! Below are the feeling and what had Jason experienced during dive learning process...............

To go diving has always been a sport I would like to try out this being able to experience a bit of snorkelling during my younger days when my family have fishing trips. And when this course was offered in Sedaya i seized full opportunity to apply and register myself for it. Indeed I was rewarded with an experience I will never forget. To be able to swim in a world so different from ours, swimming and gliding underwater where somehow gravity holds not grip over me. It definitely has to be one of the best thing I ever tried!

For my open water course training under PADI, I went to Pulau Aur ( www.pulauaur.com ) , located just 67km off the coast of the Mersing Jetty during my recent semester break from the 28th-31st of August 2008. Reaching there by ferry in the wee hours of the morning, we touchdown on the shores of Atlantis Bay at 5am on the 28th August. The place was great, great accommodation, great food and definitely great diving! Being a marine park, Pulau Aur has a great variety of marine life and beautiful healthy corals.

The first 2 days was intensive training on how to use the dive equipments, and we were( 3 students learning together) trained on the different procedures to follow and also learn to handle different situation in case of any emergency. The instructor was indeed very patient with us that made the learning even more exciting and fun! I still remember my first dive and already I saw a turtle swimming alongside us. It did not seem bothered by our presence and continued doing its own business. During the day we would dive and during the nights, the instructor will go over lesson with us regarding safety measures and also knowledge regarding scuba. During my whole course of diving, I was able to see many different fishes, this included little nemos(clown fish) that were a common sight, bat fish that were always swimming near us as they are attracted to the bubbles that come out from our regulators. Sea slugs, beautiful and colourful corals and who knows, with some luck maybe mermaids? =)

The first time doing it, indeed I was nervous but it was the best thing I ever tried. But as i made more dives, i got the hang of it and I was actually looking forward for my next dive after i resurface. Those 4 days there were basically wake up and have b.fast--->1st dive---> lunch---> 2nd dive--->tea time--->3rd dive--->dinner--->study and relax at night. And did i mention, the food was ALWAYS available and u never grow hungry. Goodbye to assignments, homework, exams, house chores...I was enjoying my self totally!

Well, no matter how much I tell you about diving, it has no meaning unless you don't try it out for yourself. Those who fear that they can't swim, do not be afraid as many divers I met on the trip can't swim. As long you feel comfortable being underwater you are good to go! Indeed I had not regretted at all signing up for the trip and since it's offered at UCSI, why not you people try it. =) I can't possibly tell you everything here, so if you are really interested to know about my experience there, do send me a mail at darythlee@yahoo.com ! = p

Do remember while at the same time we are having fun diving, we must also be well aware of the dangers and as long as we comply and follow the rules in diving, diving will be very safe and fun at the same time. (well, I'm still alive right? =) )

Some stuff I learned from my instructor.

"Diving is like Sex"
--> The first time you try, you are nervous but it's still the best thing you've tried
--> the more you do it the better it gets
--> as you do it with more people, you learn new techniques
--> with experience, you can go deeper & longer
so, if you enjoy sex, you'll definitely enjoy diving




The turtle!! Oh my god how crystal clear is the sea water~~

Jason with his diving team at Pulau Aur..how sweet and happy smiles~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may i know if student will get cheaper price for the dive training? as i know frm the public uni, they get cheaper price.which is rili cheap(student price).
thx

Anonymous said...

As far as i'm concerned, the price can be negotiated. And it depends on the destination you wish to go as the practical. =) Do you mind to write down your contact please? We'll contact you and discuss :)


Dive Club Blog Theme by Kendrick Ng . Copyright house88kend Art Studios. Year 2009